Monday, June 30, 2008

Beth Shaff

My project shows the different aspects of how the flood has affected everyone. In the video, I chose to include, there were houses of people I knew who had been affected by the water. It seems as though ther are not enough pictures, words, or songs that can explain how much the flood of 2008 has changed everyone's lives.

The You Tube Video that Beth Shared


The pictures that are included in the PowerPoint are those that a friend and I took of the flood. The pictures were the hardest part of this project. I knew what I wanted to do; it was hard having to go through all the pictures and choosing a select few.


After I had put together the slide show, I thought that it was missing something, so I decided to add music. Music gives the smallest picture that more impact if it is chosen correctly. I chose Somewhere Down the Road by Faith Hill mainly for the lyrics. Many people I talked to that were affected were asking themselves why, why something like this has to happen to them. But as the song's name says, somewhere down the road things will get better. I do believe this, and we will make it though - it will just take time.

[Ann's note: You can listen to Faith Hill signing Somewhere Down the Road on You Tube. I apologize because the images associated with the audio clip don't make much sense. I would just let the song play and then look at Beth's photos.]























No comments: